What is Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2018-19?
The Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2018-19 offered by the Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence, Government of India is for the dependent wards of ex-servicemen/ex-coast guard personnel and their widows. This scholarship scheme aims to promote higher technical and professional education.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
This scholarship is being offered by the Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
- Dependent wards of ex-servicemen/ex-coast guard personnel and their widows (below officer rank only).
- First-year students (except integrated course and lateral entry) having taken admission in a technical or professional course.
- Students who have scored a minimum of 60% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Students who are studying in India.
What are the benefits ?
- A total of 5500 scholarships will be provided to the wards/widows of ex-servicemen which will be divided equally among the boys and girls.
- The scholarships will be for a duration of 1 to 5 years.
- The scholarship amount will be INR 2000 per month for boys and INR 2250 per month for girls which will be paid annually.
How can you apply ?
- The applicants need to go through the following steps:
- Visit the official KSB website and register. Here is the link.
- Fill in all the required details and upload photograph in jpeg/jpg/png format.
- An automatically generated link will be sent to the registered Email.
- Log in using the credentials used during registration.
- Click on 'PMSS' tab and then select 'New Application'.
- Read instructions and then click on 'Apply Online'.
- Fill in remaining details and upload the scanned copy of all the necessary documents.
- Submit the application.
What are the documents required for the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2018-19?
- The following documents are required to be submitted to complete the application process in pdf/jpeg/jpg format only -Certificate of Ex-Servicemen/Ex-Coast Guard Personnel duly signed by ZSB/CG HQ (Annexure 1).
- Duly signed bonafide certificate by the Vice Chancellor/Dean/Principal/Vice Principal/Registrar/Associate Dean/Deputy Registrar/Director/Deputy Director (Annexure 2).
- Certificate issued by Bank Manager stating the seeding of Aadhar Card with student's Bank account (Annexure 3).
- Class 10 marks sheet as a proof of date of birth.
- Complete marks sheets of Class 12/Graduation (3 years)/Diploma (6 semesters) (whichever is applicable) as Minimum Educational Qualification certificate.
- The first page of student's bank passbook or cancelled cheque of student's bank account.
- Category certificate (if applicable).
- Aadhar card.
- Self-certificate/affidavit of ESM (in case the ward born after the retirement of ESM).
Q. Are PG courses allowed for PMSS?
A. No other PG courses except MBA/management and MCA are allowed for PMSS.
Q. If a student does not claim his/her scholarship amount, then what would be the case?
A. In such a scenario, the case of the respective student will be closed.
Q. How many wards of an ESM are eligible to apply for PMSS?
A. Only two wards are eligible.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship amount will be awarded annually to the selected applicants.
- The wards of civilians and Para-Military personnel are not eligible for this scholarship.
- No hard copy or paper application will be entertained as the mode of application is online only.
- This scholarship is only for first-year students, so second-year students are not eligible to apply.
- This scholarship scheme is not open for students who are studying overseas.
- A student who has already availed this scholarship in the past cannot apply again.
KSB helpline: 1800115250
Email: email@example.comPMSS team: 1800115250 (extension 217 & 218)