What is Prime Minister's Research Fellowship (PMRF), May 2019?
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) invites applications for Prime Minister's Research Fellowship (PMRF), May 2019 from B.Tech or integrated M.Tech or M.Sc students. The aim of this scholarship is to attract meritorious students to pursue Ph.D. in science and technology stream from IITs and IISc. The program selects the best talent across the country and promotes research in cutting-edge science and technology domains. The selected students will receive a monthly stipend of up to INR 80,000 for pursuing their Ph.D.
Who is offering this scholarship?
This fellowship is offered by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India to encourage meritorious students to join doctoral programs in various broad disciplines of IITs or IISc.
Who can apply for this scholarship?
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Have completed or pursuing the final year of 4- (or 5) year undergraduate or 5-year integrated M.Tech or 5-year integrated M.Sc. or 2-year M.Sc. or 5-year undergraduate-postgraduate dual degree programs in Science and Technology streams from IISc/IITs/NITs/IISERs/IIEST
- Have completed or pursuing the final year of 4- (or 5) year undergraduate or 5-year integrated M.Tech or 5-year integrated M.Sc. or 2-year M.Sc. or 5-year undergraduate-postgraduate dual degree programs in Science and Technology streams from any other (not covered in the first point) Institute/University recognized in India. These candidates should have secured a CGPA/CPI of at least 8.0 (on a 10-point scale) or equivalent
- Have qualified GATE and be pursuing or have completed M.Tech./MS by Research at IISc/IITs/IISERs having a minimum CGPA or CPI of 8.0 (on a 10-point scale) at the end of the first semester with a minimum of four courses
- Have completed the required academic qualifications mentioned above in the preceding three years from when the application is submitted
What are the benefits?
The students selected for the fellowship will receive the following benefits:
- In the 1st and 2nd year: INR 70,000 per month
- In the 3rd year: INR 75,000 per month
- In the 4th and 5th year: INR 80,000 per month
- In addition, each fellow would receive a research grant of INR 2 lakhs per annum for 5 consecutive years to cover academic contingency expenses and for foreign/national travel expenses.
Note: The tenure of fellowship will be four years for students from integrated courses and five years for B.Tech students.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the web page here and read the instructions before applying.
Step 2: Click on "Please click here to apply Online" and proceed further.
Step 3: Select the "qualification" option and fill the section1 about eligibility.
Step 4: On the next page, in section 2, fill personal, education details and upload photograph and required documents.
Step 5: Upload application fee receipt and submit the form.
What are the documents required for the Prime Minister's Research Fellowship (PMRF), May 2019?
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of mark sheets/grade sheets/transcripts
- Scanned copy of GATE qualifying certificate
- Abstract copy (max 1000 words in PDF file)
What are the selection criteria?
- For each subject area, the Selection Committee constituted by the nodal institute will conduct the interviews and select candidates.
- The allocation of the Institute for the doctoral study would be done keeping in view the choices of the selected candidates and the availability of academic and other infrastructure.
What are the important dates?
The deadline for submission of applications is 11.30 pm, 07 April 2019.
Terms and Conditions
- The fee can be paid online through the State Bank of India (SBI).
- Candidates do not need to have an SBI account to pay the fees.
- The applicants need to accept the terms and conditions to proceed.
- Select Payment Category as ‘PMRF Application Fee May 2019’ and complete the remaining steps to make the payment.
- Applicants need to make sure that the date of birth is correct in the form as it appears in the official record.
- The address for correspondence should be the permanent address, it is where the final offer letter to the selected applicant will be sent.
- Select an option to save an incomplete application and resume working on it later at the end of the form.
- When the candidate saves the application for the first time, he/she will receive an email with a system generated password that should be changed using the link provided in the email.
- The abstract should include the following information:
- The Project abstract should clearly articulate the area of the study and should display keen interest and insight on the subject chosen.
- The Project abstract should formulate a problem for the study which would be used for assessing the applicant's analytical and research skills.
- The topic chosen should be in frontier areas of science and technology, preferably, focusing on national priorities.
- There should be at least two referee names provided by each applicant for the Selection Committee to seek feedback.
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
Kandi, Sangareddy - 502285