What is Junior Research Fellowship, Panjab University 2019?
Panjab University invites application for one Junior Research Fellowship position under CEFIPRA (Indo-French) research project No. 6108-1- ‘Plasmonic hot electron pockets as exciton luminescence promoters and region-selective chemical triggers’. The University Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology of the Panjab University is a premier institute of Optics & Nano-plasmonics and Research in the nation. The aim of this fellowship is to promote research in the field of nanotechnology. The Selected fellow will work with an international team involving the researchers of Panjab University, India and CEMES, France while also receiving a monthly fellowship of up to INR 25,000.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
Panjab University’s Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Chandigarh, India is this fellowship.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible for this fellowship, an applicant must:
- Have passed MSc in Physics or Chemistry (preferably minimum of one paper completed in theoretical chemistry during qualifying examination) with a minimum of 55% marks OR
- Have passed first class MTech in engineering in nanoscience and nanotechnology
- Possess knowledge in optics & Nano-plasmonics
- Demonstrate aptitude to carry out independent research work
- Have a good academic record
Note: Candidates having successfully qualified GATE/NET will be given preference. The relaxation will be permissible as per government guidelines.
What are the benefits ?
- The selected fellow will work with a global team involving Panjab University, India and CEMES, France and will also get plentiful prospects to take part in various other experiments of the group as well to exhibit independent research competencies.
- The fellow is expected to work both at Panjab University, Chandigarh-India and partly at CEMES, Toulouse-France.
- The candidate will also receive emoluments in the following manner-
- For non-NET/GATE qualified: INR 14,000 per month + HRA
- For NET/GATE qualified: INR 25,000 per month + HRA
How can you apply ?
- Interested candidates may submit their candidature sending an email at email@example.com
- Candidates may also submit their candidature by hand or by post at the below address:
Dr. Jadab Sharma, Assistant Professor
University South Campus, Science Block-II,
Note: All the important documents must be sent along with application form, as proof of appropriateness for the posts. Email subject must be aimed properly, containing the applicant’s details and name of the post applied for.
What are the selection criteria ?
- A personal interview will be conducted for the selection of the Junior Research Fellow.
- Received applications will be evaluated and suitable applicants will be considered based on their skills.
- Candidates actively engaged in research work with evidence of published work will be preferred.
- Candidates who have cleared GATE/UGC-CSIR NET JRF/Lectureship or any relevant national level examination will be given preference for the appointment.
What are the important dates ?
- Walk-in-interview to be held at the office of the Chairman, Department of Physics, Panjab University on 05 July 2019 at 10:30 am.
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates are requested to bring a printed copy of their particulars and original certificates for verification, research publications (if any) and proof of NET/GATE qualification.
- No TA/DA will be paid for appearing for the interview and no separate call letter will be issued for the personal interview.
- All rights for filling or not filling the position are reserved with the selection committee.
- Emoluments will be revised as per government notifications and subjected to approval from the funding agency.
- To begin with, the position is for one year and extendable up to three years.
- The position is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project at any point in time.
- Only eligible candidates will be entertained, hence candidates must make sure that they fulfil the required eligibility criteria.
- Applicants enthusiastically engaged in research work with evidence of published work will be preferred for the post.
Candidates can check the official notice here.
Dr. Jadab Sharma, Assistant Professor INR 25,000 per month
University South Campus, Science Block-II,
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com