All-in-one system for education, skills and careers
Social Learning Platform to connect, share and learn
College / University Management Software(ERP)
Digital Learning Materials – eBooks, Videos, Notes, etc.
Industry-required latest skill courses with certifications
Internships to gain real-time industry experiences
Jobs & placements directly from the industry
Latest educational news & events from India & abroad
Latest events exclusively for Higher Education
Scholarships exclusively for Higher Education
July 18, 2019
Based on the choice of engineering stream and demand for engineers in future one can land up in highest paying jobs with lot of perks.There has been a decline in the number of jobs available for engineers with increase in the number of engineering graduates passing out every year. Due to the technological and infrastructural development of the country, more number of jobs available for the future engineers inspite of gap between engineers and engineering jobs.Let us have a look at the six highest paid engineering jobs.
1. Petroleum Engineering Jobs : Petroleum engineers work to deduce the most cost-efficient and easiest ways to extract crude oil and gas from underneath the earth. A petroleum engineer receives a salary between 4lpa-4.5lpa at the beginning, but it increases at a rapid pace and even reaches a salary bracket of 25lpa-30lpa. Some of the top companies that hire petroleum engineers are Indian Oil Corporation, Reliance Industries, ONGC, Bharat Petroleum, Reliance Petroleum Limited, Essar Oil Limited, Gas Authority of India, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation, Oil India Limited, Tata Petrodyne, Gas Projects (India) Private Limited, Hindustan Oil Exploration Company Limited, India LPG, IBP Co. Limited, Lubricants India, Oil Gas India, Petrosil Group, and Kochi Refineries Limited. The job profile of a petroleum engineer is very attractive as it involves exploration.
2. Electrical Engineering Jobs : Working as an electrical engineer is prestigious which involves innovation, research, and development of new electrical devices. Electrical engineers also work to find problems in existing electrical devices. The products that they work with are of various ranges like cars, robots, and generators. The salary range of electrical engineers typically lies between 7lpa-14lpa and it goes up with a few years of experience. A good electrical engineer has the potential to earn a lucrative salary at the beginning of its career.
3. Software Engineering Jobs : Software engineers are Picasso of computers. Because of them, there are many important software applications that follow manual instructions and make work easy in fields like medical, military, entertainment, and other day-to-day activities. Branded as one of the best jobs of the 21st century, software engineers earn around 20lpa-25lpa. Top MNCs pay more, where the right software engineer earns around 50lpa. Software engineering is a vast sector for engineers to work in.
4. Aerospace Engineering Jobs : Aerospace engineers design, and help in the manufacturing of test aircraft, satellites, spacecraft, missiles, and other aircraft parts. They supervise to find any defects in aircrafts and spacecrafts. The average salary of fresher aerospace engineers is around 8lpa. It gives the opportunity to work in other different roles where the pay gets more.
5. Chemical Engineering Jobs : Chemical engineering gives an opportunity to work in different fields like designing, large scale manufacturing and research of electronics, medicine, clothing, paper, and food. The numbers of jobs in this sector are expected to increase by 8 percent between 2016 and 2026. The salary range of a chemical engineer lies between 5lpa and 10lpa at the beginning.
6. Materials Engineering Jobs : There is much demand for materials engineers in India at the moment, which is expected to rise giving better opportunities to budding engineers. The salary ranges between 5lpa and 8lpa, which increases stupendously as one gains experience and can reach a bandwidth of 10lpa and 20lpa.
Courtesy: The higher education review
Download uLektz Apps for Latest Educational News /Events/Scholarships
April 02, 2019
April 08, 2019
June 21, 2019
April 04, 2019
April 22, 2019